Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Look at Grant and Dallin...they are so tired! It was about midnight to them.
I love pictures of Elisabeth's family. Her kids are so cute.
This is supposed to be our silly picture. It makes me laugh. I love my family.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
For the first time we went into the small museum near the Tomb of the Unknown Solider. They had several medals, flags and plaques from various countries.
I am grateful for our service men and women and the sacrifices they make. Going ot Arlington Cemetery reminds me what freedom can cost.
I love this picture of Mel and I. I never realized that how much Mel and I look alike in terms of face shape, smile and the glasses make us look even more alike.
Brian and Reed gave Jess a huge poster of Edward. She loved it of course...said something about hanging it over her bed.... :)
Mel gave Reed Politically Correct War. Something right up his alley.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Drum roll please!
Sarah Michelle Durtschi has been called to serve in the Salt Lake City Temple Square mission, English speaking. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if she ends up doing ASL since she's basically fluent already. I'm so excited for her. I didn't see that one coming at all and I was kind of shocked, but after thinking about it for a few minutes I've decided that Temple Square is the perfect mission for my little sister. Although I have to admit in the secret place in my heart I was hoping she would serve in Chicago.
To here's to Chelle Bear! Congrats!
my brothers and cousins as poll bearers
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
7 Random Facts Game
Here are the rules:
~Link to the person who tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
~Share 7 random and or weird facts about yourself.
~Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
~Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
7 Random Facts
1. I don't remember my dreams very often, but when I do that means I didn't sleep well. I'm always conscious of the fact I'm dreaming and it's like watching a movie about me.
2. People may or may not know this about me, but I twirled baton from the ages of 8 to 14. I have many ribbons and trophies from competitions.
3. I've always wanted to be a pilot.
4. Dream car...not practical or reasonable at all...Army issued Hummer.
5. I like to mix a packet of uncooked instant oatmeal with my cold cereal. Don't mock it until you try it.
6. I'm wearing purple eyeshadow today.
7. Before I die I want to go scuba diving with sharks, in a shark cage of course.
And now the game continues.
Sarah, Elisabeth, Jessica, Amber, Melissa/David, Sarah B, Ceci
Tag! You're it!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Well the point of this post is that I was doing some blog catching up and noticed she started a new blog, dedicated to her quest to justify getting a new camera, featuring some of her photos. Looking at the blog, my "creativity envy" resurfaced. I love some of the pictures she's post and so here I am sharing them with you.
Here's to you Jules, cheesy, but sincere and to your amazing photos.