Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Celebrating Freda

It was Freda's birthday yesterday. We decided to throw her a 'surprise' celebration. It was a surprise until she called to ask if she had plans for Monday night because one of her co-workers wanted to take her out to dinner.


Since we had FHE last night we told Freda to be at our house at 8:45pm and then ran home ourselves to get there on time. We had one minute to spare and Freda was already there standing on our door step...SURPRISE, no one's here :) We made Freda go out and come back in so we could shout surprise...we're silly it's true, but that's why we're loved.


Emma and I made Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes. I haven't made them since I was about 12 or so and I think they've made the cones smaller since then since we put the batter up to the point I did the last time I made them and almost all of them flowed over. It was like an visual ode to melting ice cream. It was kind of pretty.



After cake and ice cream we played a game of Faces.



Great times!


Happy Birthday FREDA!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the game of Faces is still being played! I think that we're going to have to organize a game night for when I'm there and play it! But no guarantees that you can pick my sunday hair style.

Amy Lou said...

Totally! I still really enjoy that game and I WON! I think that was the first time ever I won that game.