Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter

I love this time of year. I love spring and the return of the warm weather. I also love the reminder we have of the life, death and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ as we celebrate Easter.

Growing up we usually went to Utah to visit our grandparents since our schools planned Spring break around Easter. That visit usually entailed a egg hunt on Saturday night with all the grandkids. When we stayed home I remember always having a big Easter dinner, but we usually bought and hid our candy on Monday. (candy was half off after Easter you know) I don't think we cared, we still got candy and had fun.

Something that was never really part of our Easter Tradition was the new Easter dresses or hats. However, this year, my roommate Emma decided to wear an Easter hat and went to borrow one from Freda. Unfortunately the only hat she could find didn't really match her dress, but it matched my outfit so I wore Freda's hat and Emma wore her own.



After church we posed for Easter Pictures.It was a beautiful day all around!

Afterwards we had an Easter Dinner. We went untraditional again, having BBQ chicken instead of ham, but it tasted great and we had a good time.

Us sitting around after Easter Dinner


No comments: