Monday, March 30, 2009

Cherry Blossoms

I love this time of year! It's beautiful! All the trees coming back to life after a long winter. One of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen are the Cherry Blossoms here in DC around the tidal basin. This year my mom had the week off from seminary and come up to visit me. We took her up to DC to enjoy the blossoms.

None of the pictures of Mom and I turned out that well. Between the lighting and the wind blowing our hair into our faces it made it kind of difficult, but you get the idea and you can just imagine that these are the best pictures of us you've ever seen :)

Mom is not sticking her tongue out at Melanie. She was just trying to get some hair out of her mouth. It's so awkward when you're eating your hair.


We were trying to take a picture of the three of us using the tried and mostly true method of having the person with the longest arms hold it out and try to get everyone in the picture...we weren't doing very well and a gentleman offered to take our picture.
We stayed until the sun started to set. it was beautiful! I took several pictures, but I think this one is my favorite.

No comments: