Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Vacation Report - Florida

I'm happy to report that I'm in Florida. We arrived on Wednesday (wow that was almost a week ago! Time flies when you're busy and having fun). The plane ride with Elisabeth, Katelyn and Dallin was a lot less eventful then I thought it would be. The kids were good. The one thing I was kind of upset about was that the guy on the plane sitting across the aisle from Elisabeth refused trade seats with me. I tried to get the seat across from Elisabeth, but it was already gone by the time I got my tickets so I ended up right behind her and the guy across the way wouldn't trade with me and looked at me like I was requesting the most inconvenient and horrible thing. His excuse...'oh I've already put my luggage up and I don't want to move it and I would be behind it if I move.' Kind of lame. It was obvious that Elisabeth would need help, yet he didn't seem to care. But all in all it worked out. The kids mostly sat with Elisabeth and would come and sit back with me every now and then. The nice thing about it is that I ended up with an empty seat next to me.


The best news of all is that Elisabeth's surgery went well and she recovering well. (for more informaiton about what's gone on in Elisabeth's life visit her blog) She's a lot more active then you would think a girl who had a mastectomy just 4 days ago would be. She's never been one to be inactive. I love it here. Elisabeth's kids are down in Naples with Grandma and Grandpa and so it's just me and Elisabeth and sometimes Cameron. (he's currently in Alabama for an interview) Elisabeth and I have had so much fun. I got to shave Elisabeth's peach fuzzed head. It's supposed to help her hair grow back faster and it seems to be working since there's little dark stubble all over her head now. Elisabeth has been teaching me how to make cute hair bows. We went for a walk along the beach and we've been watching some chick flicks and catching up on life. Elisabeth and I are only 16 months apart and have almost always done everything together. It's been good to have a chance to really talk and have some quality hanging out time. I'll be honest...I don't want to go back to work.

My one complaint right now is I wish I had more time here. I would love to stay and help out more. I'm realizing that I would like to live closer to my family. Maybe once Elisabeth and Cameron figure out where they are going to be for Cameron's residency I'll need to find a job near by them...I'm kind of wishing for Richmond VA...it's only 2 hours from where I currently live and that would be convenient for me, but moving back west would work as well...it would be closer to the rest of my family. Family's important.

No comments: