Sunday, November 16, 2008

Vacation Report - Christmas in November

Sunday, November 16th - Christmas day in the Durtschi Family.



We decided that since most of us aren't going to be able to get together for Christmas next month that we would exchange Christmas gifts and have our traditional Family Christmas dinner. Carolyn and Steve hosted, as usual and they even put up their Christmas tree in honor of the day (that's dedication and yes their neighbors think they're weird :P)


Most of the crew :)




Becky, Sarah, mommy and I spent yesterday night Christmas shopping and wrapping gifts. I will admit we were listening to Christmas music (this is a very special exception to our "no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving" rule)






Dinner was wonderful, as usual and there was tons of food. We're getting the point that we don't really fit in Carolyn's & Steve's front room/dining room any more. Once Becky, Sarah, and I get married we're going to have to relocate.

After dinner we opened Christmas gifts. The kids were extremely excited about opening gifts. They were so cute! I think most everyone enjoyed their presents.
Katie and Chris modeling their new shirts







Katelyn showing off her new princess stuff. She loves it! She's already listen/read her new princess book at least 3 times that I know of.

Even the 'big kids' had fun opening their gifts. Becky's showing off her new apron, popcorn and hot chocolate she got for 'Christmas.'

It was so much fun. It will hold me over during the real Christmas when I'm far away from all my family.

No comments: