Tuesday, April 22, 2008

An Ode to Spring

I simply love this time of year. The blossoms and blooms. The flowers every where. I've never been a state where so many trees blossom.


Dogwood...does anyone know why it's called that? (outside the Greek Embassy)






I'm not sure what kind of tree this is, but I love it's flowers.
From the trees outside our townhouse



Like I've said so many times these pictures really don't do them justice. There is something indescribable about walking outside and seeing nature all dressed up for Spring. As cheesy as this sounds, I find myself smiling for no real reason as I walk by the blooming trees. They just make me happy.



It's a good thing I took so many pictures when I did. Most of the blossoms were knocked off the trees outside our townhouse by the big storm we had come through. Don't worry...they'll be back next year.

3 comments:

JG said...

your pictures always look amazing!!!

JG said...

AM I famous yet? That's my arm in the picture! wohoo!!!

Amy Lou said...

Not yet, but soon. We are putting out the promotional video soon