Monday, April 14, 2008

Getting Old

I moved to a new ward when I was 8 years old. I don't remember much about the time of the move, except another family moved in at the same time (the Doan family) and one of the boys in my Sunday school class, Danny Jacobs, was exactly 2 weeks older then me. I remember that fact was important during points of our growing up years. I moved out of that ward when I was 16 and haven't had much contact with Danny since then. However this is a shout out to Danny Jacobs, who's birthday means mine is only 2 weeks away.

Happy Birthday Danny!

This year I'll be turning 27 and feeling a little old. There are so many things I thought I would have accomplished by 27 and haven't done them. However there are many things I never thought I would do and yet have. To name a few:

1) Serve a Mission (I never thought I was going to go on a mission until I was about 17 or so and some boy told me I couldn't/shouldn't go and that sister missionaries were nothing but problems. That planted the seed and then the desire just grow until I went despite everything)

2) 3 months in Europe

3) Moved to the East Coast (It was always a dream of mine and now I actually did it)


Isn't life Amazing!? You think you have it all planned out and the road twists and turns. Plans change, crisis happen and are averted, yet one constant is that the sun will rise tomorrow and we are given a new day with no mistakes (for those Anne of Green Gables fans) and full of new opportunities. And we...we get to enjoy the journey, wherever the road will take us.

2 comments:

Warren and Marianne said...

HA HA! Danny...I have no idea why the two of us didn't get along! The only memory I really have of him that's clear now is the time he through that worm at me during lunch our freshmen year of high school. Amazing what the brain remembers huh? My first memory of you, Amy, was when we were both the outcasts during gym on my first day of school! I never had so much fun playing outfield during softball or baseball or whatver it was we were supposed to be doing. =)

Amy Lou said...

I totally remember both of those events. It's a good thing both of us were such 'losers' in elementary school or we might not have met and become friends. It really is amazing what the mind remembers. Don't you ever wonder what happened to all of those 'cool' kids from school? Part of me wants to go to our 10 year high school reunion (I know doesn't seem like it's been that long) just to find out.