Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Europe Memory Lane - Separated Before we Start

Sometimes things just happen.  Jess and I were coordinating via phone, IM and email and somehow...someway...we ended up flying out two different days!  We planned on leaving on different flights since Jess was going with an one-way ticket and mine was a round trip and we both went with the most cost efficient for each, but we HAD planned on at least flying in the same day, but I guess I didn't change the date back when we were debating what day to fly out and ended up flying out the day after Jess.  No worries right?  We'll just meet up in London (big place London :P)  We made plans to meet at the London Temple, little did we know how far it actually was from London...

I landed and took the train from Heathrow to Paddington Station.  I'm a smart girl, I knew I wasn't going to be able to figure which train to take by myself so I asked the gentleman at the information desk how to get to the temple address.  What I didn't take into consideration was the language barrier...  I know... England, English right?  I know we were both speaking English, but we were not communicating! Finally I just handed him the address and he wrote down what train I needed to take and what time it left and from what platform.  Wonderfully nice guy!

By the time I was on my way it was at least an hour after I was supposed to meet Jess.  With every mile the train went outside of London, my worry increased.  Would I be able to find Jess? 

Someone loves us!  After waiting for a long while at the Temple (which isn't terribly close to the train station) Jess had decided to head back to the station and wait there.  I spotted her as the train pulled into the station.  Oh happiness!

I never made it to the London Temple, but Jess did.

We went back to London to the flat we were staying the night, dropped off our stuff and wandered the town.


I've always like Big Ben :)



we found all the things you see in the 'typical' British movies amusing and therefore picture worthy.


I'm sure someone, somewhere was thinking or perhaps even saying, "Stupid Americans"  You've got to love us!

No comments: