Thursday, October 8, 2009

June 29th - Phantom of the Opera







AMAZING!!!



Just so cool! Giddy would be a good way to describe me. The anticipation was immense!



We found a nice Italian place near the Majestic Theatre for dinner before the show. It was a lovely atmosphere.



After dinner we walked towards the theater, taking our time and shopping along the way. We lined up for the show and waited. I kept feeling surges of giddiness come over me. Despite the long line once they opened the doors it didn't take us long to get inside. Grandma and Laura were taken to lower seats since they didn't have an elevator up to our seats. I personally loved our seats. The first row on the balcony...lots of leg room (a definite plus for me)


The inside of the theatre was beautiful. As part of the show they had the buttress's covered at first. I didn't even realize until the pulled off the fabric when they raised the chandelier. BEAUTIFUL! We snuck some pictures (NOT during the show of course...PLEASE! We have much too much theatre edict to do that!)


We also may or may not have sent gloating texts to various family members and friends before they asked us to turn off our cell phones ;)



The show itself was amazing!...as stated before. So lovely! I forgot how much I love plays. Movies are great, but live theatre...no comparison. The atmosphere, the trill and emotion...it's just indescribable.


After the show Mel, Valory and I made our way home. Valory made a great find! Several street vendors were set up outside the theatres waiting for people to come out. Valory found an amazingly fun purse.


Overall is was a fantastic, amazing, thrilling, fabulous day!

No comments: