Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's all Melanie's Fault

We never watched much TV growing up. Movies, yes, but TV no. I basically kept that habit all through college and over the several years since I graduated. However, ever since Melanie moved in with me I've become addicted to a few shows and the most recent one is So You Think You Can Dance.

I've always enjoyed watching dancing. I would go to watch my sister Becky at her Ballroom dance classes at BYU and my roommate Valory at her international Folk dance classes. Heck I even took a Polynesian dance class at BYU and participated in two luaus there and danced for one of the opening celebrations for the 2002 Paralympics. HOWEVER I can't dance! I try...sometimes. This show inspires me...it makes me wish that I could dance and I find myself prancing (notice I did NOT say Dancing...) around the house more frequently and that my friends is all Melanie's fault :) (there are many things that are Melanie's fault, but we'll stick to this one in this post...now I know we could go into that whole discussion that Melanie isn't forcing me to do anything and I have my agency and all that, but for the sake of this post just pretend it's Melanie's fault and if you have a hard time with the word 'fault' go ahead and use 'influence'...it was all Melanie's influence)

So when you see me though the open blinds (because they always seem to be open...), making a fool of myself...shake your head and sigh and think, 'Poor Amy...it's all Melanie's fault.' and then I give you permission to laugh. Laughter is good for you and someone ought to benefit from my silliness :)

No comments: