Thursday, August 27, 2009

Memory Lane - Valory Comes to Visit - UT Edition

Valory and I met our freshmen year at BYU. Quite by chance actually. I was downstairs with a friend studying our physics homework. It was the first assignment of the class and I was already stumped (that didn't bode well for the rest of the semester.) While we were there a young girl came in and asked if it was okay if she could watch TV. She saw what we were working on our physics 105 homework and stated that she was in the same class and asked if she could join our study group and that was the beginning of wonderful friendship.

We lived together our Junior and Senior years...such great times! So many stories, but not to be shared right now.

I left for my mission in July and Valory in November. It was almost 2 years before we saw each other again...and that was when Valory came to visit me and my family in Utah.

We had the BEST time every!

We went camping...



Becky showing us the true way to cook a bagel over an open flame :)


The next morning...there's nothing like day after camping look.
For FHE during Valory we played Nephites and Lamanites, which consisted of PC pipes and mini-marshmallows. :) We won...we being the Lamanites.


We went to watch a movie...yes we took a picture of ourselves in the movie theatre...don't worry it was before the movie started.




Lastly and most importantly we celebrated Valory's birthday.




I've never been so blessed as by the 'happenstance' that ended with Valory and I both taking physics our freshman year and meeting oh so long ago downstairs and bonding over homework.

No comments: