Monday, August 17, 2009

Memory Lane - Illinois Thanksgiving 2006

For my first Thanksgiving after moving to Falls Church I was invited by Julie to join her family in Illinois for a Thanksgiving celebration.

We started out in Tampico, IL (the birth place of Ronald Reagan) where Julie's brother's in-laws own a bed and breakfast and a diner.

We stayed here at the Bed and Breakfast. It was us and all the in-laws. We watched movies and played games. We had a bomb fire and overall just had fun.

Thanksgiving Day Julie and I took the grandkids out to play and to keep out from underfoot.

We made a friend on the way to the park to play.

We went over to the diner for Thanksgiving dinner.

Can we say Pie! They had several different kind of pie...and I'm happy to confess I tried a little of each :)

That next day we headed out to Nauvoo. I hadn't been there since Valory and I made our grand trip across country after our BYU graduation in 2003. It was a truly lovely experience. I love the Smith's. They are such wonderful people. A family away from family.

I went to the temple
And later we went on a horse and buggy tour with some of the Senior missionaries. SO much fun!
Nauvoo really is City Beautiful. Right on the Mississippi River. Even in early winter the landscape and atmosphere is brilliant!

No comments: