Monday, January 14, 2008

Annapolis Adventure

So Cat, Mel and I got into our heads to go to Annapolis. I mean really...it's the state capitol of Maryland, why not spend the hour in the car to go see it....unless you get lost and then it's about 3 hours, but never fear we did make it eventually.

The Capitol Building.



One thing that surprised me was the number of bricks used. I'm so used to seeing new state capitols, such as Utah, California, Oklahoma, which are made out of or at least covered with granite.
My new Friend

Crab hats...come on, admit it, you would have tried them on too!


Mel took a picture too, but she wouldn't give me a copy, but don't worry, I'm sure there will be just as equally embarrassing/blackmail type pictures in the future I can post.
`
`
One of the objectives of going to Annapolis was to visit the Naval Academy, however due to a lack of government issued IDs we weren't able to go, but we walked by and stared through the fence.

Another disappointment was the fact that the public harbour was under construction. This was the closest we got.

Seeing that we didn't get to most of the things we wanted to do in Annapolis, a return visit is already in the planning stages. Probably once it warms up a little more.


1 comment:

Sydney said...

Yay! I love updates!!!! Fun times!