Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sailing, Sailing over the brawny waves...

Anchors Away!

Captain Annie!



I never look every cute, but I have a good time.


It's me again!
To Catch a Thief... Anyone?


I can't say much more. The pictures say it all. :) Brother Monson was kind enough (and crazy enough) to invite the Relief Society sisters (all of us) out to his parents house for a day of sailing and water fun. Most of the sisters when down the night before to the Monson's house near Solomon's Island MD, however I promised Melanie I would take her to the airport so she could fly home. So Annie and I left after dropping Melanie off at the airport at 5 am. I unleashed a very awake and happy to be alive Annie on a room of still-asleep-not-fully-functioning girls. It was fun to watch. They couldn't understand how we could be so awake, but 2 hours of driving will do that to you :) After a quick breakfast and application of sunblock Annie and I joined the first group of girls sailing with Brother Monson. Oh it was so beautiful! We sang songs to Brother Monson the whole way out and back, but he said he didn't mind. I want a sailing boat. I can understand how people will get addicted to it.

Later Annie and I went Kayaking. I promptly fell out of my kayaking while trying to get in and scraped up my poor little knee, but once I was in, I loved it. I need to get me one of those too. It was so refreshing. Next stop of the day was a quick trip out to the Cove Point Lighthouse. We got a little lost, but found it, eventually. Oh what a wonderful day!

3 comments:

sperry said...

you said you sang him songs... hehehe we've sung songs together... hehehe. I remember some crazy camp songs :) you didn't sing him camp songs did you? :)

Amy Lou said...

Actually yes, we sang him camp songs in addition to any songs we could think of that happen to have the words sea, ocean, pirate, bay...anything related to the ocean. We performed a very rousing rendition of "Down by the Bay."

Elisabeth said...

Amy you are too funny! That sounds like a lot of fun... what a brave person he is.... I've been around a bunch of collage age women before... it can be dangerious...