Friday, August 24, 2007

Happy Birthday tooooo yoooou!

August is an exciting month for birthday in my circle of Friends and Family. Lots of birthdays and lots of partying to go a long with those birthdays. Melanie's (August 1st) and Annie's (August 4th) birthdays being so close together inspired a combined birthday party. Hosted by me! It was a lot of fun. I got up early on Saturday...mostly because I couldn't sleep...I can never sleep in very late even when I go to bed really late. I went to Wal-Mart to get those few things I forgot and then I set to work making cakes. We ended up with 3 cakes at the party. 2 I made and 1 brought by Ricky, one of Annie's friends. I called Mel's mom to get a recipe for the triple chocolate cake her family will regularly make for birthdays. I like being sneaky. Her mom was great and didn't even tell Mel about. For Annie I just made a lemon cake, since I didn't know what kind she liked best. I've gotten better at cake decorating, but not much...and that is why I spelt birthday wrong....birtday...I tought I taw a putty tat!


The beautiful birthday Girls!



We had planned on a water fight, but after all was said and done...Mel and Adam are the only ones who ended up wet. And poor Mel had just changed out of her swimsuit and shorts when Adam decided to put her under the hose. Over all I think that the people have a good time.







Slade, put the knief down!








Friends, food and water balloons...what more would you need?






Here's looking at you kid!

2 comments:

sperry said...

That looks like a lot of fun, but I'm remembering a party..... thrown by you.... a long time a go... for me:) Do you remember? You throw the best parties Amy! I'm sure they had tons of fun! Yay for parties!!!

Elisabeth said...

you do throw the best parties, you are so good at making other people feel loved!