Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fort Marcy with Lisa

Mel's hometown friend Lisa had Saturday (March 20th) off and came down to visit her.  Mel invited me to to join them in a short hike.  We ended up at Fort Marcy (one of my favorite places!)


Unfortunately the river was still still too high for us to be able to cross it without getting wet (we were not prepared to commit to being wet...) So we simply spent awhile enjoying the sound of the water and the warm weather...and the sticks.  I found a nice short and shapely stick, perfect for racing down the river and chucked it in.  It ended up getting stuck in a group of rocks, but never fear! I went down to rescue it.


See there it is in my rigth hand.  Don't I look happy? I think I was in the middle of saying something when Mel took this picture.
After saving it I set it free once more to watch it go down the river.

Goodbye little stick
It's that look again...remember the "your camara is in my face" look?

No comments: