Sunday, June 22, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

Mel and I are still as dorky as ever and made the trek into DC for the Memorial Day festivities, earlier this year since we knew what to expect, for the Memorial Day Concert. We went early, first get a good seat and second to save spaces for our friends who would be following us later, however they apparently don't allow people in after a certain time and Reed, Brian, Bronwyn, Emma and company didn't make it in time. Begging didn't help either. Believe me I tried. But despite our disappointment of separation from our group, Mel and I had a great time.

We brought reading materials to keep us occupied


Sunset just before the concert started.

Some great night shots Mel took after the concert. I was talking to my sister Becky.

Monday - Memorial Day. We decided to go all out this year, like I said we knew what to expect and we got ourselves out early and head to Arlington Cemetery for the wreath laying ceremony. It was beautiful. The day was perfect.

Slade and Freda joined us.



President Bush spoke at the ceremony. I know there are a lot of people who don't like Bush, but even if I don't agree with everything he's done as president I still have a lot of respect for him for the office that he holds.

It was fun to watch all the Secret Service men get set up around the cemetery and the snipers climbing on top of the buildings. Slade asked on of the snipers what he had in a bag and he said...weapons. Duh! Slade was hopping for something a little more specific then that.



Memorial Day Parade


Memorial Day BBQ - After a full day of Memorial Day activities Mel and I hosted a BBQ. It had a great turnout and we had a blast!

I have to say. I love Memorial Day.

No comments: