Thursday, May 8, 2008

I've been remiss...

I was reminded by my friend Mel that I neglected to publish a post about my Caterpillars



That's right caterpillars. I lived in a small little hick town, or wide spot on the road for many years and in that place there was a house. We called it the Caterpillar House. Why? You may ask. Well, because every spring the porch and yard would be covered with caterpillars! I mean, they were everywhere!



Image my surprise when one day I was walking home from the metro and I noticed what looked like huge spiders' nests in the trees near our townhouse. Although I don't like spiders (at ALL) I was curious enough to investigate. As I got closer to the tree I saw millions of little black bugs moving. Even closer I realized they were young caterpillars! Millions of them. All over the tree.



Later that week Mel and I went for a walk in the forest near her house. As we walked a long noticed the same web/nest things in several of the trees. Walking under the trees we notice again, millions of caterpillars.



Because of my Caterpillar House background I have always had a strange fascination with caterpillars, so we stood around for several minutes watching the caterpillars. Sadly I didn't have my camera, but fortunately my phone has a camera.




Aren't they cute?! There maybe more caterpillar pictures to come.

2 comments:

Sydney said...

EWWWW!!! I can't stand tent worms... That's what I've always called them. Yes, they may look like cute caterpillars but when they break through the nasty web and fall on your head when your sitting on a towel under a tree weeding it is NOT a cute time. Especially when your 13. But, I'm sure the catepillars at your catepillar house were cuter that tent worms.

JG said...

at a distance. that's I'll I've got to say on that subject. Yep. At a distance!