Monday, October 15, 2007

Ward Retreat

Oct 12th,

7:30pm - Pick up Melanie

7:40pm - Shoot...there's still traffic on 495

8:45pm - arrive at Greentop Camp grounds

Let the Festivities begin!

Upon arrival they signed us in and then gave us our kaper duties and cabin assignments.
Jane Helping to check everyone in:

Shortly there after they started a bonfire. It was so much fun! S'mores, fire and friends!
Some Fabulous pictures from the bonfire
Christine, Freda, and Sara
John and Me
Steve, Mel and Me
Wow...hmmm. I love that face Steve!
Annie lost something....Why she needs sunglasses I don't know :P


Melanie is guarding the s'more makings....tough job, but someone's gotta to do it!
Emma and Jennie, two the of the cutest girls at the camp out...but if they tell anyone I said that I will deny it :)
Steve, Rich and Emma...


Kendra...looking lovely as usual!
Bronwyn, Rachel and Darin (we'll forgive Darin for his hoodie (hehehe sorry Darin...I had to say something :P))
The pictures don't do justice to the fact that it was a little cold that night, so many people froze. I was lucky. I had a few huge blankets and wore socks, a beanie and a sweater. I made a nice cocoon and stayed nice and toasty...that is until I had to get out of bed.... Reed and Brian found a unique way to stave off the cold...lucky for them I had my tent in my car. Yes...that is a tent set up inside the cabin :)




The next day we had breakfast, followed by a morningside with Brother Toma.

The Few. The Proud. The Homework Doers! Mel and Robbie had homework due...and instead of just staying home they were diligent enough to come and have fun AND do homework. Amazing really!

Kitchen Duty!
Go Emma, Go Emma...it's your birthday!...in about 5 months.


Awake yet Steve? Didn't sleep well?


Food Line!
They look hungry don't they?


After our lesson with Brother Toma we has small classes on various topics. I choice the photography class with Tiana, who is an amazing photographer by the way. These are few pictures from our photography attempts




It was a grand adventure! The camp grounds were beautiful. In all honesty it was an odd mix of a young adult activity, girls camp and EFY, but loads of Fun!

No comments: