Thursday, September 13, 2007

Trip Down River

It's not every day you get to float down the Potomac. Don't worry, for those of you familiar with the Potomac we weren't anywhere near DC, but up by West Virginia (near Harper's Ferry).



We all met at the church to carpool. Look at my cute carpooling buddies. We happily applied some sunblock and then climbed into my little car and took off for places unknown...well we knew where we were going, meaning we had a map and directions, but really we didn't know how to get there. But never fear...we made it. It took a little while to get organized, but soon (meaning after about an hour) they had us on buses, hailing back to our Elementary school days. It so happened that it was our bus drivers birthday that day and as the loaded our tubs on to the trailer behind the bus his co-workers requested a birthday song for our driver. We gave him the most wonderful rendition of Happy Birthday in a way only a bus load of overly hyper young adults could do.
I'm right behind Christian's head...the blond one...blocking the camera. Geez Christian!


At the beginning we resembles a large group of racers at the start of marathon. Some of us just let the river take us as it wanted and others made human chains trying to keep our groups together. I, contrary to precedence, managed to stay with the most of the group I started with. All the other times I've floated down a river I ended up getting suck in a ebbs of the river and left behind. It only happened once this trip...I don't know I manage to find the only non-moving area of the whole river, but I did.

John - I'm not sure if he's trying to get into his tub or if he's trying to be like Mike Merrill and stand on his tub.Apparently John made it into his tub :0)

See...me trying to stay with my group. I think I was grabbing Melanie's foot


Jennie's so cute! Jennie and I go way back to my BYU days. She was on of my girls when I was an RA my sophomore year. It's fun having her in the ward.

Alexis, Jennie, and Bekah. Alexis has this amazing water resistant camera and bravely took it with her. So all these pictures, except the first one, are courtesy of Alexis. Thanks Alexis!
Darin looks like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar.
If you ever want to have a relaxing activity just find a few tubs and some awesome friends and go floating down the river. It was beautiful!

1 comment:

Epijunkiejen said...

Awww...Thanks Amy!! Some of these pics of me are kinda scary. haha I'm so glad we're in the same ward again too! Oh, and yay for blogging!! :)