Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July - West Falls Church Metro Style

After Reed's little birthday celebration we headed over to West Falls Church Metro stop to the top of the parking garage for some firewroks. 

I had great anticipations of taking some AWESOME pictures with my fun new camera....

But instead...

my battery died!  Sad story huh?

These are the few picture I managed before it's death.

Playing card games waiting for the fireworks to start
We had a lady sitting next of us take a picture of our whole group (Joe, Me, Mel and Reed) but the lighting was bad and the settings wrong and it didn't turn out.


The 'distant' fireworks :)  We could see fireworks for several cities from the parking garage.

Next year I'm going to get some cool shots.

It was an odd Fourth of July for me, being a Sunday and all and having commitments we didn't go into the city.  Different from previous years, but I really enjoyed the firework show the put on by the school near West Falls Church metro.  Getting out the parking garage was a little crazy, but we were just patient and played Go-Fish while we waited.

No comments: