Wednesday, July 8, 2009

June 26th - Congratulations Melanie!!!

Waking, once again, at an early hour Valory and I headed up to Vermont for Melanie's graduation.








I never realized how beautiful Vermont is. I guess I should have known, but I haven't seen many pictures. The other thing that surprised me was the number of 'rolling hills.' I loved it.

Another thing I never realized is how small Massachusetts is. I mean seriously?! It's about 53 miles from bottom to top. Less then an hour. Amazing no? I guess that's the West Coast girl in me. Growing up in California where we had to drive 53 miles to get to church and you can drive 4 hours and still be in the same state.



The graduation itself was wonderful. Short and fun. I'm so proud of Melanie. She's amazing!


After graduation we went to the Sugar House, a small hole-in-the-wall diner. The food was great! They had real VT maple syrup. After feeding our tummies we made a short stop at Sharon VT, the birth place of Joseph Smith. The sister missionary there suggested that we all take our pictures touching the top of the monument. Fun no?


The monument is a foot for every year of Joseph Smith's life.


after our short stop we headed down the New York. We ran into some really bad traffic from some trees blown down by the storm. Some people said it was actually a tornado that went through, but I was never able to confirm that. Finally we made it to New York City (Queens in our case.)
Valory had the foresight to take a nap :)

2 comments:

Nana said...

Your posts bring back such great memories. I'm glad my brilliant and beautiful niece (capable as well) is enjoying my neck of the woods! I love you dearly~Your Aunt Gwyn :) Oh, and I love the pictures, you look wonderful!!!

JG said...

This trip looks fabulous. So glad you all had a fun time! Jealous. Yep. Jealous. ;)