Wednesday, July 30, 2008

That Time of Year


August is just around the corner and every month seems to go faster then the last. It's amazing how each day can seem like a week and yet each month seems like a day. As I mentioned before I have a lot of reasons to celebrate in August. Birthdays upon birthdays to brighten my days.


My new roommate Melanie (yes she's the same Mel in my previous posts, but now she's a roommate...that changes the situation you know) her birthday is this Friday August 1st and Jessica, my 'old' roommate's birthday is August 4th. However Jess is leaving us for a month...left this morning actually :( and so on Saturday July 26th we had a combined birthday party and we throw Reed into the mix for fun. Our threesome birthday party was a blast...or at least I had a good time :)


The people were kind enough to humor me and we had a pinata (the neighbor kids came over and helped out with that one)









and we played pin the Pirate on the Treasure and Kiss the Frog





I was a mean girl and made Mel, Reed and Jess open their gifts in fromt of everyone. It made me smile. I think they liked them :)
Mel was lucky and got a second birthday bash...her coworker Minnetta made her a cake. We sang and ate cake.

I think we should have birthday parties all the time. So much fun!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yay! August Birthdays. But you didn't mention the most important August birthday of all.

Amy Lou said...

Sorry Becky! You're right. I have two other very important birthdays in August. My most darling and beautiful sister Becky and 19th and my Daddy on the 28th -today actually :)

Amber said...

Yeah! You have a blog! It sounds like you have so much fun in DC. Scott and I will have to get off our butts and come and visit.